Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday 3/22 - Yellow Vendor

Yellow Vendor is one of the first trucks I ever tried and a big reason why I initially fell in love with truck food, thereby vowing not to bore myself by lunching at ABP, Cosi, Panera, etc again!  Yellow Vendor is the "hole in the wall" of food trucks, but one you don't want to miss.  The truck and set up is very simple, and the cost is only $7 for anything on the menu.  Every single time I have gone, its the young , very friendly, Korean guy working the truck and (who I presume) his dad sitting on a chair in the back.  The menu consists of bulgogi, chicken teriyaki (both come in spicy and non-spicy versions), combo of the two, and bibimap (vegetarian).  You really cant go wrong they are all delicious!

Beef Bulgogi / Chicken Teriyaki Combo- $7
Today I got the combo (regular, not spicy) which comes with very generous servings of both Chicken Teriyaki and Beef Bulgogi over a bed of rice.  The dish comes with spicy Kimchi and salad.  All this for $7 is an amazing deal.  On my previous visits to Yellow Vendor I got the spicy combo which is also very tasty but also extremely spicy (even for me).  I found that getting the regular version and adding spice to my liking (from the included side of spicy sauce) allowed me to spice it up to my ideal level.  Both the Chicken and the Beef are very tasty and very fresh.  The rice is also very good, just the right level of stickiness to eat with chop sticks.  The side of Kimchi and salad is a great addition adding the perfect spicy/sour twist to the meal.   I cant say enough good things about the food at this truck, and I will continue to be a return customer!

2 comments: