Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday 3/21- CapMac

Despite the mediocre reviews on yelp, I went for the CapMac truck today.  As indicated by its name, this truck is all about Macaroni and Cheese (and soup).  They usually serve up 3-4 diffferent varieties of Mac and Cheese, from original to more exotic varieties.  I had heard about long and inefficient lines at this truck, but it only took me about 5-6 minutes to order and receive my food, despite several people in line a head of me.  All in all I was quite pleased with the experience.
Goat Cheese Mac w/ Chicken $9

I went for the goat cheese Mac and opted to get it w/chicken for $1 extra.  First impression upon receiving my food is that its a bit small for $9, but it did feel pretty heavy.  Upon reaching my office I weighed it, and as you can see from the picture, it comes in just shy of a pound.  I must say, I am still quite stuffed about an hour after eating it.  The macaroni was cooked good and tasted fresh and the goat cheese was generous and was of good quality.  It was topped with pesto and bread crumbs which added a very nice flavor and texture element.  The shredded chicken was mixed in with the mac, and was a bit on the sparse side, but then again it was only $1 extra.  They serve the mac in environmental friendly containers which is also a plus.  I would say this was a pretty darn good bowl of Mac and Cheese which left me fully satisfied, although the price is a bit on the high side.  I would definitely come back here again.  

2 comments:

  1. Probably one of the best blogs ive seen!!! What a great idea for a blog! You go Hus! Im following this closely! Whats it gonna be tomorrow????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ayad for the kind words and for being the first to comment on my blog! The exciting thing about food trucks is you dont know what will be near your office tomorrow- keeps lunch time exciting!

    ReplyDelete