Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday 6/20- Big Cheese


I tried the Big Cheese truck today for the first time.  They serve the classic comfort food of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with a gourmet touch!  This truck has been out for quite a while and despite several other trucks at Farragut Park today, they still managed to attract the largest crowed and after trying it myself, I can see why.  
Midnight Moon Sandwich (Goat Cheese Gouda with Caramelized Onions on Multi-Grain) $6.50, Gazpacho $2

Big Cheese offers 4-5 different varieties of grilled cheese sandwiches, including Chevre with Fig spread, Brie with Fuji Apple, classic Cheddar on sour dough, and the Goat Cheese Gouda with Caramelized onions, which is what I ordered.  They also offer some sides, I went for the Gazpacho, which for $2 is a bargain.

I was very happy with my sandwich, it was like eating French Onion Soup in Sandwich form.  It came with a generous serving of cheese smothered with carmelized onions!  The bread was also full of whole grains which gave it a nice texture.  I do think that $6.50 is a bit costly for what you get, but in terms of taste, I have no complaints.  The Gazpacho was delicious, it was very chunky and tasted very fresh, for two dollars you get a paper coffee cup serving, which I think is a pretty good deal.  I was left a bit hungry after the sandwich, so maybe next time I might just get a double or triple order of Gazpacho.  If you are seeking a light, but tasty lunch- Big Cheese is the way to go!

1 comment:

  1. I need to try this truck the next time I'm in town. Great lunch for kids too!

    ReplyDelete